Friday, March 28, 2008

VIVA LAS VEGAS

Well Well Well.

My first experience of traveling and eating out and it has to be in Vegas, of all places. If we'd gone to visit the Amish, I think it would have been easier.

However, I did my best. For being gone five days I only lost it a couple of times. Like Tequila - I don't think that's on this diet. Or BREAD OMG BREAD. We avoided buffets Thank God.

Still, it wasn't all bad. Scale read 187.00 so that means that it was 2.5 lb gain. Not bad. We went Mexican and I had fajitas - because a) chicken and shrimp are in them and b) grilled onions and peppers. Only had one tortilla to wrap it in (I was thinking "isn't this like a grissini?") but the chips and salsa were downfalls. I did over an hour of cardio on two days and lifted weights like mad also. That seemed to help my mood some.

But, back in the saddle again today. Let's see - asparagus, fish, one grapefruit (with that Swerve sprinkled on it - heavenly) steak. Oh and spinach. I'd love some damn bread. I keep telling myself - "taking it off is harder than keeping it off. Bread will come in it's own time" which seems to help a little bit.

All in all, I didn't go completely nuts. I didn't just say Oh to HELL with it all, which I thought I would. Not even once. Just ate some bread and cheese at one point but did not binge on it. And the chips one time. And little teeny things here and there. I was sure I'd come back with a five pound gain.

So, let's see what a day of being virtuous will do for me. I am proudly sipping my organic chamomile tea and hope I'll be asleep before the late night munch fest hits.

I'm so glad to be away from all those lights and stimulation - over stimulation!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Viva Hazel is more like it! You handled that trip like a pro and I'm impressed. A 2.5 gain is excellent under those circumstances. And you'll lose that in no time I'm sure.
It was great to find your comment on my blog tonight. I was wondering when you'd be back. Did you win?
And I'm still trying to find some "swerve" here locally. I may have to break down and order it on the internet...

The Hopeful Cynic said...

Hey becca, thanks for the feedback. I put 20.00 in a nickel slot and got 115.00 back. That was a good thing. I went back on protocol and was pleased to see the scale tell me 185.3 this morning. I am going to get a colonic as per my MD (Dr. T) suggestion today. I am very curious about the procedure and humiliation factor but I'm going for it. Two good friends have used this person so that's a good sign.

I think Swerve is Z -Sweet - as someone told me it uses erythro-something as the sweetener. I am TOTALLY ADDICTED TO IT. Thank god for swerve z sweet or whatever it is.

Anyway, thanks so much again for the support!
Haze