Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cheating

I did it. I cheated. I wasn't really able to sleep last night and so.. I cheated. I ate a 100 g chicken breast with a cup of skim organic milk.

MAY GOD FORGIVE ME.

I woke up and guess what - 189.9 pounds. Dammit.

Can this also be because the chicken I've been eating is like coated with poultry seasoning salt? Or is this just wishful thinking?

I work up with firm resolve not to cheat today. So, I drank the potion, worked out with Trevor (my arms are killing me) and then went home and made chicken soup from abovementioned chicken, plus 99% fat free chicken broth... BUT IT WASN"T ORGANIC! And I ate a grapefruit. I was feeling, and I know this sounds crazy, COMPLETELY FAT AND FULL. How can this be? I forgot the vegetable completely.

Kevin Trudeau will likely swoop down with his winged monkeys and chastize me for this.

I loved drinking that milk. I had to realize, though that I figured milk was a great thing if it was both SKIM and ORGANIC. But do you know how much sugar is in milk? Like 11 grams! Of Sugar? What are those cows eating? No wonder I like it so much. Ice cream? You can keep it? Yogurt? I scoff at yogurt. But a cold glass of milk. Ahhh.

So now I'm at the office for a minute (ok it is now three hours) and am drinking my water dutifully. I think I need a massage after the car accident but where can I find a massage where they won't use unapproved oil? A dry massage is just not worth it. Maybe I can bring in my own product, assuming there is such a thing.

Perhaps it would be better to go home and finish my report. The one that won't die.

Cheating. Well, you pay for it the next morning. Dammit. How can 1 cup of milk and a teeny piece of fat free chicken put on a pound?

GRRRR

2 comments:

Becca said...

Okay, well God doesn't need to forgive you, you need to forgive yourself and just take it as a lesson learned. Someone else may not have gained a pound but since you did, you can obviously not continue to do that (without consequences) while on HCG. Biz always tells us that when we cheat, just be conscious of what will happen and DON'T whine when it DOES! Then just get right back on track again.
As far as eating all organic... I say KEVIN SHMEVIN! He has a good point about organic foods being better for us, but as far as whether the diet will work or not depending on if you use them? The jury is still out on that. (Like how I snuck a little of YOUR jargon in there? LOL!)
And where does KT come off just changing Dr. S's diet all willy nilly any ole way he wants to? (Not that any of us would do such a thing... ;-))
But seriously, I don't really use many organic foods at all, unless they are on sale in my regular grocery store. I do buy the all natural, no antibiotics added chicken that Sam's Club sells, but just because it's available where I usually shop. I try to get low sodium broth and other canned foods if I can find it and I do check labels on spices to make sure there are no fillers or sugar.
But otherwise, when I am on P2 I eat the DR. SIMEONS version of the diet, not KT's, with the exception of a few vegetable additions that my clinic allowed and that I had already been using before I read the Dr. S. manuscript. Since I'd already been eating them and was still losing weight I figured they were okay. These were Broccoli, caulifower and more recently after an endorsement by Biz, green beans. But just one kind of veggie for each meal.
Okay sorry I'm going on so long but here is one more bit of advice, in regards to massage lotion. I don't know how it would work for a massage but I was directed to a brand of oil free lotion that I like that I found at Whole Foods. It's Alba Green Tea Oil Free moisturizer. And although Dr. S warned against massages, I think your case would be an exception because you need it to help a specific physical problem.
HTH!

Ed & Jennifer said...

I think Becca handled it! LOL!

Don't worry about it...it's a new day!!!