Friday, March 7, 2008

Is Eating Broccoli a Crime?

Had my first P2 eating out experience today. Went to the Supremo-Healthy-O-Restaurant, where I had four little grilled shrimp with no oils and broccoli steamed, because they had none of the requisite veggies but salad but it was iceberg lettuce which is too depressing for words. Iceberg lettuce should be fed to people as a punishment. I might as well eat stiff paper.


However, my loss was less than half a pound (I'm at 187.8) - which I know I should be happy about but jeez. Also, got HUGE AND PAINFUL stomach cramps last night and slept with heating pad on stomach. WTF?

Cramps subsided when I ate, which was my own nifty version of a beef taco (strips of the cooked steak, heated up with cumin, chili powder, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper plus a teeny bit of organic salsa (I looked at the ingredient list and there wasn't anything on there that was verboten). So I heated it all up and then wrapped it in a decent Romaine lettuce left (actually I made three of these mini-lettuce tacos) and then ate it up.

I was full and then stomach felt weird and I just could NOT bring myself to eat the fruit item. I ate the teeny (meaning size of ping pong ball) organic lemon instead - hell, we can have the juice of it, so would this count as a fruit?

However, these two transgressions - lemon vs regular fruit and broccoli versus another veggie- did this make me lose LESS WEIGHT?

This makes no sense.

I will cleave to the diet religiously today. Except my hubby broke my new tea pitcher in the dish washer, but as he was loading the dishwasher I have no complaint.

I'll have to have more of the Yerba Dirt Potion. I've skipped that the last couple of days.

2 comments:

Becca said...

That's weird that the S-H-O restaurant would serve iceberg which has zero nutrients...
But no, eating broccoli is not a crime and who knows if you would have lost more if you had eaten a little differently. You may still have had a .5 loss, but heck that's a half a pound! If you were doing weight watchers they clap for you getting that loss for a whole WEEK!
Could the cramps be from your TOM coming up? Or some people have trouble staying "regular" and use smooth move tea to help things along. (BTW TOM also will slow down losses...)
The tacos sound great... I've done something similar with low fat ground beef and also a great taco salad...
Hope you have a BIG loss for tomorrow.

BizBuzz said...

Eating broccoli is a good thing. I discovered that on my last round. This is not what caused you to lose less. There are so many reasons why things can slow down, so no worries, just go with the flow.

Remember that Dr S said "Pounds AND Inches" so when you aren't losing pounds, be assured that you are losing inches ok?