Tuesday, April 1, 2008

STOPPING THE SHOTS

Well, I've stopped the shots. I think that after 30 days of it, they do lose their potency - actually I'm a little past 30 days. I'm still at 185 so I'm OK with that. Fifteen pounds this first time isn't bad.

I need to go back and read Simeons about what exactly I CAN eat - like I'm actually hoping for carrots and squash - I do understand about bread, pasta and rice - although if I can't stand it, I'm gonna do the brown versions of those items.

I long and lust for CHEESE - I know, I know, in moderation. I'm happy to be off Yerba Dirt Tea. I found out that Swerve IS Z-Sweet so that's a good thing.

I went to the Health Food Market and bought my organic chicken, steak and BUFFALO (hee hee) which I had ground into Buffalo Burgers (4 oz. each) and I'm still going to eat my George Forman Grilled Meat with Spinach/Asparagus or what have you because I like eating that way if I can.

I have NO urge for a coca cola and if you knew me you would be shocked to hear this.

I long for chocolate. I did nibble the ears on my kid's easter bunny and that was a nice treat.

I'm also looking at this stuff on Intuitive Eating more closely - trying to just LISTEN to what my body wants - not just eat because it's there.

But I'm nervous. But other people do this phase - let's see.. three? The part after VLCD and are OK.

How long before I make my next round of VLCD and shots again?

I'll let you know what Dr. T says. Damn, 15 pounds is not record breaking but I can comfortably wear size 12 and can sleazily wear my 1o's and that in and of itself is a miracle.

On the down side:
1) Court tomorrow and it's a weird and sad case and I have to sit with the parents and tell them what I think about their kids/their parenting and so forth.

2) My parents are failing and so because I had a big cancellation in my schedule I am taking hubby and son and flying to OKC this saturday to see them. I am scared because they are now in a nursing facility, my mom is wheelchair bound (frankly because of her own stubbornness and now she really is waiting for death) and my dad has pretty significant dementia. He still remembers me though - I think.

3) I got braces last year (yes I know, at my age? But it was time) and I THOUGHT I was getting them off today. But the orthodontist and the dentist talked and now they decided to fix my crossbite after all so I got MORE BRACES today. My mouth hurts like hell AND trying to chew my steak was ridiculous. And grass fed beef is 14.00 per pound dammit.

But: I am 15 lbs down, have great family and friends, and did I say I'm 15 pounds down? For as much "cheating "as I did, that's not so bad I think.

But no more shots? I forgot to get one on Sunday, then had one on Monday, then decided to stop today. So I guess I still eat program until when....Thursday? Friday? I'll do my best and watch the scale like a hawk.

XO to you all. And when can I go back on the shots again?

xxoxo

3 comments:

Becca said...

Hi Hazel, Yes 15 pounds is awesome! I does make a wonderful difference in how your clothes fit. HAHA I like the comfortably, sleazily distinction... Gives a very accurate visual!
So if your last shot was Monday, that day is your LIW that you use to determine what weight you want to maintain. Then keep eating the VLCD Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. On THURSDAY, you are on the stabilization phase (P3 in KT's language, which we all use. But that's one of the few things. LOL!).
As far as how long to go between rounds, Dr. Simeons says 6 weeks. 3 on the stabilization phase eating everything but sugars and starches, then 3 more on the maintenance phase where you can gradually add back in the sugars and starches. This will be the rest of your life phase once you are completely finished with the protocol.
Dr. S. also has strategies for what to do if you go over your LIW by more than 2 pounds. We also have some alternatives that work well for most people. And I just heard of another method that a local clinic uses.
If your weight goes over the 2 lbs, then you go back to eating the VLCD for ONE day and that will bring your weight back down. Only one consecutive day though so your body doesn't go into starvation mode.
As far as what is considered too starchy, there are sites on the internet that can help figure this out, but sorry I don't know any right off the bat. Mainly the white stuff like we discussed...
The other thing you need to keep in mind, is that you need to eat enough to get to your BMR multiplied by your activity level. So if you haven't gone to this site to figure it out yet, you should. Eating too little will cause you to gain too. Confusing, I know but once you understand why it makes sense...
Here is the BMR calculator. Don't forget to find your Daily Calorie Needs (the link is on the lower portion of the page) and calculate that too or you will still be eating too little:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Good luck to you! Let us know if you have more questions...

Becca said...

If you want to email me with specific questions, I check my email once or twice a day and will be happy to answer them.
beccabetts at yahoo dot com.

BizBuzz said...

Wow, just listen to Becca, she has a handle on it!!! Congrats on a successful round!