Sunday, April 20, 2008

Don't Be Afraid of the Scale: Redux

Guess what happens when you pretend that you can eat like you used to?

1) You gain weight
2) You avoid the scale
3) You panic
4) You avoid the scale and feel guilty for avoiding the scale
5) You finally get on the scale and freak out
6) You shake yourself by the scruff of the neck
7) You remember everything you've learned since you started this.

And so, LIW 183 and Present weight 182. So that's not so bad is it?

It's time to start thinking about round TWO. I have a couple of conferences and trials to get through in May. Then I think I'll begin R2P2 (which is really phase 1 but we all know what I mean).

I liked the structure of it, P2. I am wondering what will happen this round, since I basically blew off P3 entirely. Well not ENTIRELY but we all know what I mean.

In any sense, there's no way out but through. No need for self-recrimination, no need for the attempt to fool myself - or you guys - which means it's time to blog more and eat less.

Today was breakfast in bed with eggs, bacon and toast and coffee. Husband is a darling.

Now am full. REALLY full. Working on a report so it will be interesting to see munching/grazing habits that come into play today.

Sorry for my absence. I have been absent from conscious eating and I have allowed my work life to interfere in my conscious eating life.

So I'm back.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Well for entirely blowing on P3 and to be one pound below LIW, I'd say you're a resounding success! Who cares how it happened? That is just awesome! Just make sure you're good and ready to start R2 because it's usually a pretty rough one for most people. And you may hate me for pointing this out, but everytime I used to type R2P2, it used to make me think of the little robot on Star Wars...
I almost miss that now that I'm on R3P2!

The Hopeful Cynic said...

Ate like a hog.

Man it's an up and down journey.

R2P2 - that's sticking in my head. I have a feeling r2p2 is going to be harder than the first time around, but i don't know why.