Thursday, April 10, 2008

Emotional Hang Over Pass the Bread

Actually I have not gotten onto the scale as I hit town at 11 AM and had to do a court thingie at 1 PM - without my luggage because it did not make it from OKC (thank you American Airlines for spontaneously grounding your planes, and thank you Frontier for having a broken plane BOTH DIRECTIONS, such that I had to haul my butt through the Denver airport with family in tow, attempting to make a non-existent connection on United.

SO. Makeup and decent cute shoes and clothes were in the luggage. Today was a training - ate a half sandwich (miracles of miracles, I took off the cheese because it did not seem appealing. For me, this is akin to saying the Brad Pitt or Tom Selleck or (in my case) Alan Rickman is not appealing. Weird. Went out to dinner after training because of time with colleague and family. Went to Olive Garden. Check this out. I HAD THE SOUP. Again, what is that? I always get something huge and pasta-y. And I requested a side of ... dare I say it, steamed spinach, because - because... OK because I wanted it. Who is this person? I did eat a bread stick and perhaps two.

I am wearing my size 10 Lucky Jeans. Did you know that Lucky Jeans say "Lucky You" when you unzip them, but the position of these words are as if someone else is unzipping them? Nothing from Lane Bryant has ever said that on my clothes, which is a damn shame.

I didn't know you could get clothes that got all suggestive on you. What if I was in a wreck and the nurse in the emergency department unzipped these pants and it said "Lucky You"? Of course, I would be unconscious and so the embarrassment potential would be lowered.

I am still tired and sad. No Difficult Sister Sightings. But the training was invigorating (go read about Collaborative Family Law and you'll believe me, I promise) and it gave me hope that there are new ways to solve old horrible problems.

And I got to have a colleague whom I admire to my home and out to dinner and she was lovely and my spouse and son and I felt as comfortable with her as if we had known her forever, which is not a typical thing. So a new friend for our family and I remain grateful for that.

Thank you for reading my bleeding raw pain blogs these past few days. I am not a writer and this anonymous forum has been a healing place for me. I never re-read anything on here or I would freak out and delete it. Thanks for the support and encouragement.

Tomorrow I have to get back on the scale. And drink more water. And really really avoid bread a bit longer. And get back on the scale again.

But that's tomorrow.

Tonight, I'm playing The Tudors on the On Demand because next to Alan Rickman and my husband, I could eat that guy Jonathon Rhys Meyers with a spoon, even if he is only like 22 or something.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Okay, you just made me spew water on my keyboard, thank you very much. It was the visual of the EMT reading the "lucky you" on your zipper that did it. And you call yourself "not a writer"? WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. You are a great writer! But don't go re-reading your posts before you hit the "post" button because I don't want you to delete them. I want to read them!
Hey it's great that you and your family actually made it home before all the flights were cancelled. The luggage will come in its own time... Too bad about the cute shoes and makeup though.
And I had to look up Alan Rickman because I could't put the face to the name and well, uh, okay, whatever floats your boat. But hey, I used to have a crush on Richard Dreyfuss so who am I to talk!
And I am impressed with how well you've been managing your food choices. I have been avoiding Olive Garden on all of my P2 rounds because I know I couldn't resist one, the breadsticks, two, the chicken giordino, and three, a glass or two of that deliciously sweet Riunite Lambrusco. (cheap but I love it!) That sentence had way too many commas in it didn't it?
And I'm not going to re-read this comment because I know it's too long but I don't want to figure out which parts to whittle down... so I apologize instead.

bev said...

I'm glad you made it home safely and got to all the appointments ok. So happy that you were able to do what you needed to do with strength and grace.

Love you, miss you, will come see you as soon as possible.

BizBuzz said...

Ok, I am with Becca, spewing water on my monitor, you owe me! LOL

You are a spectacular writer, someone I eagerly anticipate daily to come to read. Your heart felt posts mean something to me, it shows me that indeed, I am not the only one with problems in the world, and for some reason that allows me peace.

So keep it out. Remember when you step on that scale that whatever it says back to you is fixable. Ok?

Glad you are back and in one piece.

The Hopeful Cynic said...

Oh Gals - I love you for your support. It's not what Alan Rickman looks like - it's what he DOES that kills me.

xoxoxo