Friday, February 29, 2008

PBR!!!!

For those three people who might read this blog, you will be pleased to know that I got fifth row tickets to the PBR Bullnanza Bullriding Competition for tonight and also for tomorrow night, which is completely indulgent of me. Hubby was so supportive and completely hid any distaste or boredom for this, and will even accompany me tomorrow night, which is incredible of him. He deserves some perverse sexual favor, not to be discussed here.

Son was less thrilled and wanted to fall asleep by 9:30, which is many ways is a good thing.

BUT THE FOOD.

Which of course is mainly why I write this.

The food court - the first time I was exposed to food that smelled all of delicious fat and salt and grease and chemicals.... pulled pork and beer and mexican food and everything that seemed so wonderful. And hotdogs, my weakness for sure. And those crappy nachos.

I was able to walk on by. I found our seats (fast I might add) and then asked for water and Hubby went to get the water for me so I didn't have to smell that food. I don't know about how this diet/shot thing makes you just "not really hungry" during this diet because I am hungry all the time - unless - well I take that back. When I'm working I'm not hungry. It's at night, like right now, that I'm really hungry.

But I was proud of myself. I looked around at the thin, hard looking cowgirl types (even women my age) and noticed that they weren't noshing on any of that crappy E Center food either. And they didn't even look like they noticed it.

Will there be a time that I don't really WANT that food, at the very least for the novelty of it?

I keep telling myself - do these shots for 6 weeks or 30 pounds whichever comes first - although I really think that I will only make it to four weeks. I'll just be eating my shoes by then, otherwise.

But we'll see. It's only day 3 of the vlcd (very low calorie diet, as if you can forget given that this is all I ever ever talk about). I am thinking Day Three? Is that one tenth of the days that I need to go? Although I had shots on Fri and Sat and Sunday - wait - am I on day four? who knows. It is a blur. No, wait. I had first shot on Monday and then started on Wednesday. It's only day 3. Sigh.

Oh well. The complete lack of variety on this phase is the killer. After this phase, you get to eat anything organic, and no sugar and no starch (but apparently fruit is OK). I think that lasts for another six weeks or so. Who knows what I'll be like by then? Probably thinner and a complete and raving lunatic.

But I was really cheery this morning and not so anxious either, which is interesting to me, because usually I wake up each morning full of anxiety and dread for the day.

So that was new.

I am intensely curious about if I lost weight and if so, how much, etc. etc. in the morning.

I would imagine that I could get at least a half pound - dammit. And today, here was the food.

1) yerba dirt mate ick tea
2) chicken breast with raw spinach with some lemon squeezed on it. This meal was COMPLETELY ORGANIC which makes me so proud of myself in a superior earth friendly green sort of way. Had a tiny clementine orange HT gave me.
3) dinner I "cheated" again because I had a tomato AND three leaves of lettuce. Call the Police! I mixed the veggies again! And the steak, which was sliced up into microscopic slices and wrapped in the lettuce. The lettuce was delicious. Can you believe I actually viewed lettuce as delicious? It was butter lettuce. Perhaps the name, you know, BUTTER lettuce helped me there. Also had the organic apple and put on some lemon juice, just because I can.

That's it.

I truly want a fried bologna sandwich on white bread with a giant glass of milk. And some chocolate chip cookies and I want to eat it all in bed.

But I guess I want to see how much I was able to take off tomorrow morning, just a TEENY BIT MORE than I do the sandwich. Besides, it's only for a month. I can do anything for a month, right?

I hope so.

No comments: